Aviation Parents Advisory Committee (APAC)
The DHS Aviation Parents Advisory Committee (APAC) meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Aviation Academy. We encourage parents to join us. Meetings last no longer than one hour.
- Section 1: Build and maintain an organization which, in cooperation with those in charge of the Aviation Academy, will help promote the activities and further the goals of the Aviation Academy.
- Section 2: Arouse and maintain an enthusiastic interest by parents in the various activities of the Aviation Academy.
- Section 3: Support fundraising activities, promote scholarships, excellence in aviation, encourage high moral standards, and encourage school spirit within the Aviation Academy.
- Section 4: Lend moral support to the Administrator of the Aviation Academy.
- President: Christine Hagen, (757) 320-7593
- Vice President: Chris Wissman
- Secretary: TBD
- Treasurer: Mark Van Lenten, (757) 874-2690
- Grocery Rewards and Other Fundraisers: Christine Hagen, (757) 320-7593
Your shopping can help us in our fundraising efforts continuously throughout the year. If you have not signed up, see info needed below and send it to Tracy Hawley. She will sign you up. This is not limited to just our students and parents. We encourage you to get your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers involved if they are not currently supporting another group. The more we sign up, the more we make. Download Fundraising Opportunities
Shoparoo: Aviation has partnered with Shoparoo to help raise money for Aviation Academy with a hassle-free approach. With the free Shoparoo app, all you have to do to raise money for our school is take pictures of your grocery receipts with your phone. Shoparoo does not require any buying, selling, collecting, delivering, etc. and it works no matter where you shop or what you buy.
- Download the free Shoparoo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Once it's downloaded, select our school as your cause and take pictures of receipts
- Invite other parents and members of the community to participate in this simple fundraiser
- If you have any questions, you can contact Christine Hogan at 320-7593 or visit www.shoparoo.com
Harris Teeter - Together in Education Program: Call 1-800-432-6111 and press option 2. When you speak to an operator, tell them you want to link up your VIC card to Denbigh's Aviation Academy. The School Code is 6236. 2% of all purchases come back to the Academy.
Red Robin Restaurant: Log in, click on Red Robin Royalty and select Aviation Academy. If you are not a member, text Join and your email to 98666 to start earning for our students every time you eat there. Remember to ask friends and family!
GoodSearch: When you sign up for this free account, it automatically deposits money into the Aviation Academy account. We will receive a yearly check from them. To sign up go to www.goodsearch.com and under the search bar, select "Aviation Academy" and follow the simple steps to sign up. You will receive a confirmation email and you will need to click on the link in the email to activate the account. It's that simple! Be sure to unlock the "Good toolbar." A penny will be donated to the Academy for each search. You can also help donate more money when you shop with the Goodsearch toolbar.