We welcome you to our site!
Understanding that careers begin in middle and high school, we want you to know that our graduates soar over the other applicants because they have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to become anything they want to be in life.
That’s why our motto is simple:
Attitude = Altitude
We invite you to look over our information or give us a call, and we’ll put you on the right runway that will make your career impeccable!
So sit back, relax and place your tray in the upright position because you are now prepared for take-off.
About Aviation Academy
Denbigh High School's Aviation Academy is a nationally recognized STEM site with a focus on piloting, aircraft maintenance, engineering, and aviation security/safety. Our mission is to provide a quality education that will maximize the potential of every student by providing them with the knowledge, skillsets, experiences and values needed in the 21st Century workplace.
- Courses offered on a "newly renovated Aviation wing" at Denbigh High School.
- Small community of learning with a collegiate atmosphere where expectations are high.
- Aviation classes begin in the 9th grade where students can choose one of four pathways: Aviation Technology, Flight Operations, Aerospace Engineering and Aviation Security & Safety.
- An FAA Pilot Ground School course that will prepare students for flying lessons and private pilot licensure.
- State of the art technology that includes a Flight Simulator Lab, 3D Printer Lab, Virtual Reality (VR) Lab, Engineering Lab, Aviation Maintenance (AMT) Lab and Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) Lab.
- A fully functioning wind tunnel capable of showing students the dynamics of flight with visual and data representation.
- Recognized as a national model school from the Society of Manufactured Engineers Education Foundation (SMEEF).
- Students have access to drones, a lab and a 3D printing/scanning lab.
- Students are expected to take at least one AP Course and at least two honors classes annually.
Download the Aviation Academy Brochure to learn more about our program and how to apply.